Tuesday, July 28, 2009

A Fresh New Blog

I don't know what it is but it's there in the back of my mind- an irritating urge to write. I find a good deal and suddenly I'm taking pictures of my purchase while making an inventory of coupons in my mind. I collect blog feeds the way some people collect fine wines. I savor the written words of others.

So it starts again. No matter how hard I try I am an addict. Throw me in that Brokeback Mountain scene with a computer and you'll find me repeating that famous line. Oh muse of mine, how I wish I could quit you.

Well, I have quit... sort of. I have no regular post plan for this blog. In fact, I'm not quite sure what it will be yet. I expect it will sort itself out if given time. I'm thinking it will probably just end up being some ramblings of mine, much in the same vein as Abnormality Frugality used to be though hopefully better this time around. I find I'm not all that angry or agitated anymore. I've settled into this parenting thing like a new pair of shoes. It was hard at first and quite uncomfortable. Now I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.

I used to compare myself to the other moms I'd meet. I didn't have a house of my own. I didn't have a husband. I didn't have a nice car and couldn't seem to keep my counters shiny no matter how hard I tried. I stared at my life and all I saw was a list of "I didn't have's."

I still find myself thinking that way every now and again. The situation hasn't changed. Well, why should it be bad to have an apartment? Do I really hate my independence that much? When I started asking myself those questions I found the answers weren't what I had expected. My life isn't peachy keen but who can honestly say theirs is?

So, here's to happiness and a fresh new start. I hope you'll join me as I blog the changes and events as they come (and trust me, with my fall schedule there will be A LOT to talk about.) ^^

Yours as always,
Satsuki

No comments:

Post a Comment