Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Mad Money

I think I've been on some sort of nesting kick lately. I keep joking with D that I must be pregnant. (I'm not.) Today's big thing is the budget. The house may be a mess but I'll be drned if I'm gonna let my money join the pile. So, it's time to watch my spending. I've decided to stop borrowing loans for college. Instead I've worked some savings into the monthly budget. As soon as this trip gets over I might just give my lenders a call.

The money isn't due until I get my diploma but I'm just thinking of how much of a relief it would be to graduate debt-free. I don't have a car loan. I don't have any house payments though I'm looking at buying a house within the next few years. D has college & car loans. I've actually been giving some serious consideration to doing this SAHM thing long-term. If I do decide to walk that path I have a hunch these skills might just come in handy.

Well, we'll just have to wait and see what the future hold. The only thing I can do right now is work to change the present, one dollar at a time.

1 comment:

  1. That was one of the biggest reasons I was kinda afraid to complete college. I just couldn't wrap my mind around how I was going to pay off 50k+ dollars and make a living for myself all of those years!

    I'm in the same boat as you though. Trying to do better and be debt free .. kinda hard when I have to by winter wardrobe for the boy and floor toys to keep him occupied with his new mobility.

    ReplyDelete