Monday, October 12, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

This is my first daybook post (from The Simple Woman's Daybook) and I can't wait to make this a weekly habit- hey, a little gratitude & simplicity never hurt anyone, right?

FOR TODAY... October 12th, 2009

Outside my window... the snow is lightly falling. It's the first snowfall of the season and, just like a child, I can't wait to go outside.

I am thinking... I should really make a list of 6 things to get done today.

I am thankful for... my daughter & my health.

From the learning rooms... (Maybe one of you guys can tell me- what's a "learning room?")

From the kitchen... there is a pile of dishes that need my attention but otherwise it's not out of control in there. I'm thinking of making some acorn squash tonight with a cranberry orange glaze. (You can find the recipe in the cookbook on my Shelfari sidebar.)

I am wearing... a comfy red shirt & my favorite pair of comfy black pants.

I am creating... I just got out my knitting looms last night. Check back on Wednesday to see my WIP.

I am going... to be running outside within the next hour or so. Monday is my library day, my ECFE book order is in, and I might just head to Target for the heck of it. Am needs some new sandals & winter boots.

I am reading... nothing; I checked out Possession but haven't started it yet.

I am hoping... to find a good cocoa recipe. I really botched the last batch. It said to add a pinch of cayenne but I was thinking a pinch per cup so I just started shaking a bunch in. Now I' have chocolate flavored pepper water. -_-'

Around the house... there are random piles of stuff. I rearranged the furniture last week and got rid of some of it. Now, I've just got to sort and organize the rest of it.

One of my favorite things... is being under my sheets, comforter, and a blanket and waking up, going to move, but feeling my cat resting right next to me.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Today I should read some homework chapters. Tuesday is class as usual. Wednesday I'm taking Am to a fall crafts class. Thursday I'm free (thank goodness.) Friday we might head to Fort Snelling for their scavenger hunt. Saturday I'll probably go swimming at the Y. Maybe we'll do some pumpkin carving this weekend too- who knows. Oh, I do know the county is having a sale on compost bins and rain barrels. I really want to check that out.

My picture thought...

No comments:

Post a Comment