Friday, November 27, 2009

Biweekly Home Preschool Plan, December 09 Weeks 1 & 2

So, if any of you are long-time readers you may have noticed my random themes. I've decided (for the umpteenth time now) to give home preschooling another shot. Usually it dies because my schedule is so fluid. Well, not anymore. I've been finding myself with a lot of down time lately and the internet just isn't as big a thing for me anymore (finally).

Anywhozzles, here's the first of my bi-weekly plans and info...


December Theme: Christmas


Monthly:
Seasonal Table- Christmas Mice, Brown Cloth, & Books
Sensory Tub- Wrapping Paper, Small Boxes, Bows, & Tape (January will be rice play)
Playdough- Peppermint from Hubbard's Cupboard

1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup salt
1 tsp. cream of tarter
1/2 cup water
1/2 TBS oil
1/2 T peppermint extract
Drops of food coloring - red or green

1. Combine all of the ingredients in a saucepan.
2. Cook over medium heat until mixture pulls away from the side of the pan. Be sure to stir constantly!
3. Knead.
4. Store in an airtight container.

Makes enough for 1 ball of playdough, fitting into a small butter tub.


Weekly Chart:
Field Trip (FT)
Music & Songs (M&S)
Art (A)
Cooking (C)
Large/Small Motor (L/SM)
Game Day (GD)
Sensory Table
Playdough Day
Messy Play (MP)


Week 1:

Monday-
Toy Wash (SM/MP)
Fire Safety Check

Tuesday-
Sensory Table

Wednesday-
Christmas Dominoes (GD)
Recycled Christmas Tree (A)

Thursday-
Make Peppermint Playdough (C/PD)

Friday-
Decorate Christmas Tree to Christmas Music (LM/M&S)
Unplugged Project

Saturday-
Christmas Party (FT)


Week 2:

Monday-
Sock Snowball Fight (LM)
Candy Christmas Trees (C)

Tuesday-
Playdough
Make God's Eye Ornament and/or Stick Weaving (SM)

Wednesday-
Sensory Table
Christmas Song & Dance w/Props (flashlights, bells, etc) (M&S)

Thursday-
Environmentally Friendly Christmas Lights (A)
Christmas Dominoes (GD)

Friday-
Nature Center (FT)
Shaving Cream Play (MP)

Saturday- Unplugged Project


Daily Outline:
Wake Up 8:30
Get Changed/Dressed & Sing Wake Up Song 8:45
Breakfast 9:00
AM Activity Time 9:30
Lunch 12:00
Outdoor Play 12:30
Nap Time 2:00
Snack Time 4:00
PM Play/Activity Time 4:30
Dinner/PM Cooking Activities 7:00/30
Cleanup & Song 8:30
Bedtime Routine & Bed 9:00

Am's Chores: Cleanup toys, feed cat, help with dishes, clear floor for vacuuming, toy washing, & help with socks in laundry


We also have other ongoing events that I didn't list- YMCA time, nature center programs, weekly deal shopping, etc. I try to supplement with those things so she can get out & socialize.

2 comments:

  1. Wow it's really admirable that you want to home school her. I wish I had the patience to do that with my son, but I feel like we will need our space when it comes time enough for him to go to school. I need alone time to work and he hates staying at home.

    Is the playdough edible?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think this playdough is made to be edible but it has no toxic ingredients so I doubt it would hurt. It just wouldn't taste very good. If you want an edible dough there are lots of edible playdoughs out there. If you do a google search on peanut butter playdough you'll find some of them.

    I already have kind of home-schooled her, off and on. She's too young for preschool yet and it just seems pointless for me to pay for daycare when I can do it myself. Plus I can't really afford a private Waldorf education for her right now so I'm kinda stuck doing some of it here as I can. I'm not trained or anything though and my library has no Waldorf books. This means it's kind of a hodgepodge of things we do at home. There's a bit of crossover with Montessori- at least in the activities. I just don't believe in seperating children on purpose or discouraging imagination.

    ReplyDelete