Sunday, November 15, 2009

The Food Storage Analyzer & Gift Card Deal


Today I decided to reorganize my bookmarks. While doing so I came across the link for this gift card deal. Rather than move it into another folder I decided to head on over and check it out. I created a new account and went to work testing Emergency Essentials Food Storage Analyzer.

To quote the Preparedness Pantry blog...

"The Analyzer allows you to calculate the estimated length of time your food storage will last based on age, gender and number of people (according to USRDA guidelines). It also includes current nutrition levels in your food supply, as well as helps you understand how to balance the nutrition with future additions."


I especially liked that the results were altered based on age and gender. D & I are the same age but it turns out he would need 600 more calories than me. Am would need 1000 less. Given that the point of food storage is to prepare for an emergency I'm sure the discrepancy would make a difference later.

It goes on to say that...

"The Food Storage Analyzer™ helps manage various types of food storage in one program. You can combine dehydrated food, freeze-dried food, wet-pack (canned food from the grocery store), MRE's (Meals Ready-to-Eat), "just add water" meals (such as Mountain House), and more. You can even enter your own custom products."

I'm actually not at all caught up on my food storage. I don't even have a single #10 can of anything. Right now I've just been getting back to my stockpiling/sales ways. Let me say that this application is made for people with some serious storage habits. The majority of items you could add would include things like those #10 cans or multi-pound bins of food. I ended up only using the custom product section. I was amazed to find that my store of grocery-bought pasta and grains wouldn't last nearly as long as I thought. Good to know, right?

So, would I recommend this?

Yes. With a few tweaks this could be a tool that I might use on an ongoing basis. At the very least, for low cost of "free" the Food Storage Analyzer is definitely worth the gander.

Gift Card Giveaway

No comments:

Post a Comment