Thursday, December 31, 2009

Don't Throw Out Those Calendars-

Make found item art! You can glue them onto pretty much anything for instant decor.

Step 1: Pick your picture and item. I'm using a cabinet door I pulled from my china hutch. Clean your item first if it needs it.

Step 2: Trim your picture to make sure you get any irritating borders and the hole on top. I trimmed mine more to fit. I didn't do any measuring. I just eyeballed it. Remember: Better to trim too little than too much. If you're not wanting to measure just do a bit at a time until you get it right.

Step 3: Mount your picture. I used double sided tape but I'm sure modge podge would work too. Since mine won't be bumped around I'm not too worried about sealing it.

Step 4: Add any embellishments. I thought it just didn't look right without the knob but I couldn't find the screw for it. I turned to handy-dandy weapon instead. (No, it's not duct tape.) It's epoxy! Technically I used metal epoxy. I let it dry and it works like a charm.

Step 5: Place it where you want it & enjoy. In this case I left the hinges on and simply nailed it up using those holes. This thing took like, 10 min to make, not counting the dry time on the epoxy. How simple is that!

PS. Yes, that is in fact the chart I mentioned in my Waldorf post.

Happy New Years All! ^__^

2 comments: