Sunday, December 27, 2009

Thankfully I Am Home

We went up to visit the relatives for 2 nights, which turned into 4. Just got back today and I feel better already.

It's not that I don't love my family. I do. What I don't love is trying to share a bed with Am. We just can't manage to sleep in the same bed no matter how many times I decide to "give it another go." Perhaps I'll write more about my thoughts and experiences with family life at some later point in time. I just don't have the energy tonight.

We're back and the chore list is still sitting there wearing my name painted on its forehead, prodding and poking me every time I try to forget about it. All of the holiday decor needs to come down and be organized. The floor needs to be cleaned, litter needs to be changed, and I left my car trunk still sitting full of our presents and luggage.

Christmas is barely over and for some reason I feel I should start my gift shopping and crafting right this second. I could try to sound really wise about it and spout out something like this: Blah, blah, gotta, blah, be prepared, blah blah, never too early, blah, never know, blahhdy blah. I'm not sure but I expect that's how the explanation for my thought patterns would sound.

Anywhozzles, hope you guys had some good holidays. Gotta go rest up for tomorrow, that chores list won't kill itself (though I can always dream.)

No comments:

Post a Comment