Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Best Deal This Week: Kashi Cereal


I found out about this from Organic Deals & Coupons. Right now amazon is running a sale on Kashi products. When you buy $49 worth it'll take off $15 from your total. Do the subscribe and save for an additional 15% off. I usually cancel any subscriptions after my items ship.

I did the math based on price per ounce. The best deals I found were the Island Vanilla & Cinnamon Harvest cereals. I bought 3 4-packs of vanilla bringing my total after sales to $29.49 w/free shipping. That's $2.46 per box or $0.14 per ounce!

In case you're thinking that's a lot of cereal remember, stocking up is useful for both your wallet and disaster preparation/financial emergencies. I keep a bunch cereals in my pantry organized by expiration dates. Whenever I get a large load like this I make sure to alternate the cereals in when their turn comes up in the dates. In our house we only keep one box of cereal open at a time. It's usually gone in a week. That would mean I'd switch every other week with this cereal and whatever else is in there. This helps a lot to keep us from getting burned out.

Both cereals got good reviews by the way. I'm looking forward to doing my own personal taste test.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats you are our winner for the giveaway on Steals and deals for the Bob the Builder dvd giveaway if you get back to me within the next 48 hours with your snail mail info I will get this dvd on it's way to you!

    ajcmeyer at go dot com

    ReplyDelete