Friday, January 1, 2010

Feeling Nutty?

Don't you hate those drned brazil nuts? I know I do. I had a bunch leftover from Christmas. I grabbed an empty vase from under the sink, filled it with nuts, added a set of sunny dollar store flowers and voila! I now have a cute little piece of Happiness on top of my craft dresser that didn't cost me a penny.

Also, I added a new piece to our nature table. I had wanted to switch out my candle melts for the new year so I reused what was left in some walnut & hazelnut shells. So don't throw out those nut pieces! You never know when they might come in handy.

In other news Santa (me) bought me some spouting seeds and a seed lid from Mountain Rose Herbs for Christmas. It's day 3 (or 2 if you don't count the soaking period) and here the radish seeds are actually growing! They had sent the seed screen for a mason jar but I hadn't realized it was for a wide-mouthed one. It's being held on with rubber bands so really, you could do this project just by reusing a spaghetti jar or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment