Saturday, March 6, 2010

I Can Haz Update?

So, some of you might be wondering what's up, why I haven't posted in awhile. No, I didn't really get eaten by wild dogs. I've just been busy and, let's be honest, a little bit lazy. Am slashed the external floppy drive awhile back (for those of you just joining in) and I just haven't gotten around to replacing it.

So, I've come up with a solution. Apparently my new webcam takes photos too. You'll just have to live with my messy desk & keyboard as the background until I figure something else out.

Actually I wasn't lying when I said I've been busy.

I joined the get fit club at Y so now I "work out." Don't expect me to be one of those super fit happy workout buddies though. No, I drag my big ole' butt over and do my best to stick it out through the whole class, depending on which it is. Now that I think about it Drums Alive & Line Dancing aren't too bad. I can't say I hate those, just every other coordinated group effort.

Then there's my mess of a room, now that I'm back into D&D & LARP'ing I'm finding company visits more often than they used to. This isn't such a big deal except I live in fear that someone will open the door to my bedroom only to be eaten alive by the growing pile of stuff in my corner. I think it's sentient now.

So yeah, spring cleaning needs to happen. You can guess what kind of a problem this is for me (see comment on laziness above.)

I've been hording my cash now. I still do my weekly shopping but I'm trying to buy less clothes and random bits. Why buy a bunch of t-shirts when I can buy a new piece of leather armor instead?

No, I'm not joking. It's on sale right now.

Also, I've been reading books (3-4 fiction per week, skimming the nonfic) & watching tv shows like a mofo. They make good background while I'm crafting.

You see, I've taken the first step towards beating my sewing fear & have taught myself how to blanket stitch. Now I'm addicted. Ostara is coming & I'm churning out basket fillers for Am.

So far I've finished:

A Plastic Canvas Diskette Coaster (a gift from me to me)



Currently in the works are:

This awesome bunny puppet based on this design. It's for an Easteroween swap I -might- be signed up for. I'm almost hoping there's been a misunderstanding. Then I can keep it for myself. ^_^




I'm also planning on whipping up a few more projects. I think I might start doing WIP Wednesdays so you can watch my progress there.

So yeah, that's what's up with me. I'll try to see what I can do about finding a better posting schedule. I'm thinking I should buy a new digital camera. Then we wouldn't be having this little update talk.

Well, until next time....

1 comment: